About this policy
This policy describes how Allen Newport Ltd uses your personal data when you use our website (www.allen-newport.co.uk), buy our goods, or when we provide services to you. We have provided this policy to ensure that you understand what personal data we may collect and hold about you, what we may use it for and how we keep it safe. You have legal rights to access the personal data that we hold about you and to control how we use it which are also explained.
The registered office of Allen Newport Ltd is at Marston’s Pit, Cavenham Road, Tuddenham, Suffolk, IP28 6SE.
What personal data we collect about you
- Personal data that you provide to us when you visit our website. This may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests along with information which may be required for our payments and accounts systems.
- Personal data about your use of our website. This includes, but is not limited to traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data
- Information that you provide to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
What we use your personal data for
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- Personal data that you provide to us is used to:
- provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- manage and administer our business
- review and improve our goods and service
- Personal data that we receive from third parties is combined with the personal data that you provide to us and used for the purposes described above.
- Personal data about your use of our website is used to:
- administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
For more information on cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Your rights to know what personal data we hold and to control how we use it
You have rights to:
- know what personal data we hold about you
- have inaccurate personal data corrected, blocked or erased
- object to decisions being made about you by automated means or to your personal data being used for profiling purposes
- restrict our use of your personal data
- require that we delete your personal data (the “right to be forgotten”)
- require that we provide you, or anyone that you nominate, with a copy of personal data you have given us in a structured electronic form such as a CSV file
You can find full details of your personal data rights on the Information Commissioner’s Office website at ww.ico.org.uk.
Disclosing your personal data to others
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
How we keep your personal data safe
We take every care to ensure that your personal data is kept secure. The security measures we take include:
- only storing your personal data on our secure servers
- suitable managerial and administrative procedures
- keeping paper records containing personal information to a minimum and ensuring that those we do have are stored in locked filing cabinets on our office premises
- maintaining up to date firewalls and anti-virus software to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to our systems
Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data sent to our website; you send us personal data at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features (some of which are described above) to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How you can make a complaint
If you are unhappy with the way we have used your personal data please contact us to discuss this using the contact details set out below.
You are also entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office which you can do by visiting www.ico.org.uk. Whilst you are not required to do so, we encourage you to contact us directly to discuss any concerns that you may have and to allow us an opportunity to address these before you contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How we keep this policy up to date
We will review and update this policy from time to time, the latest version of which will be available on our website www.allen-newport.co.uk
How you can contact us
You can contact us in writing at Marston’s Pit, Cavenham Road, Tuddenham, Suffolk, IP28 6SE or by email to email@example.com